Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook: With Exercises and Basic Grammar 2, Revised Edition - March 1, 2010 - 515 pages. Price: $37.95
Three official languages have emerged in the Balkan region that was formerly Yugoslavia: Croatian in Croatia, Serbian in Serbia, and both of these languages plus Bosnian in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook introduces the student to all three. Dialogues and exercises are presented in each language, shown side by side for easy comparison; in addition, Serbian is rendered in both its Latin and its Cyrillic spellings. Teachers may choose a single language to use in the classroom, or they may familiarize students with all three. This popular textbook is now revised and updated with current maps, discussion of a Montenegrin language, advice for self-study learners, an expanded glossary, and an appendix of verb types. It also features:
• All dialogues, exercises, and homework assignments available in Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian
• Classroom exercises designed for both small-group and full-class work, allowing for maximum oral participation
• Reading selections written by Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian authors especially for this book
• Vocabulary lists for each individual section and full glossaries at the end of the book
• A short animated film, on an accompanying DVD, for use with chapter 15
• Brief grammar explanations after each dialogue, with a cross-reference to more detailed grammar chapters in the companion book, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Grammar.