Discovering Albanian I Textbook 1st Edition - paperback - 416 pages
Approximately five million people worldwide speak Albanian. The opening of Albania in the 1990s to broader trading and diplomatic relations with other nations has created a need for better knowledge of the language and culture of this country. This book teaches the student to communicate in everyday situations in the language, with each chapter introducing a new situational context. Students learn to discuss work, vacations, health, and entertainment. Students also learn to practice basic skills such as shopping, ordering tickets, and renting an apartment. Upon completing this textbook, students will be at the A2/B1 level of proficiency on the scale provided by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The textbook includes:
• eighteen lessons based on real-life situations, including three review lessons
• dialogues to help introduce vocabulary and grammatical structures
• comprehension questions and exercises
• related readings at the end of each chapter
• full translations for all examples discussed in grammar sections
• a series of appendixes with numerous charts summarizing main classes of nouns, adjectives, and verbs
• an appendix with the solutions to most of the exercises in the book
• a glossary with all the words in the dialogs and readings.